Startling Arkansas Statistics
Startling Statistics About Teens
- 21% of students drank alcohol before age 13
- 16% have had 5 of more drinks in last 30 days
- 28% have drank alcohol in last 30 days
- 8% said they drove while drunk
Drug and Prescription Abuse
- 35% has use marijuana
- 10% have sniffed glue
- 8% have used cocaine
- 6% have used RX pain relievers – not prescribed for them
- 16% smoke.
Arkansas is ranked number 2 in the United States for over prescribed opioid abuse.
2016- Opioid Abuse Related Suicides
2016- Deaths from Drug Overdose
2017- Deaths from Drug Overdose